- Veneers Dentist For Each City
- All Specialties & Dental Services
- Book Appointment Online
- Warrantied Veneers From Pros
What Is Dental Bridge And How Is It Accomplished?
Dental bridgeis a custom-made false tooth that is designed to replace a missing tooth. It is also known as fixed partial denture. A dentist uses dentist crown to hold the bridge firm in its place, by anchoring the bridge on two teeth, also known as abutment teeth, on either side of the gap left by the missing tooth. A dentist crown is known as ‘pontic’ and is often made out of strong materials such as alloys, gold, porcelain or a combination of strong materials.
Different Types of Dental Bridges:
There are basically three types of dental bridges
· Traditional Fixed Bridge: A false tooth is fused between two porcelain crowns to fill the space left by the missing tooth. The false tooth is attached to a bridge which is placed on two other teeth around the gap. Fixed bridges are permanent and cannot be removed.
· Cantilever Bridge: cantilever bridge is used in areas where there are teeth only on one side of the open space, such as your front teeth. A dentist will anchor the false tooth to one side over one or more adjacent teeth.
· Resin bonded bridge or Maryland bridges: artificial teeth and gum are supported by a metal framework with wings. These wings are then bonded with resin to the abutment teeth. Resin bonded bridge works best if the abutment teeth are strong and are primarily used for front teeth.
Benefits of Dental Bridges:
Although a dental bridge is not natural, it offers almost similar benefits
· Distributes the bite forces evenly
· Keeps natural teeth from drifting out of position
· Dentist bridgerestores chewing ability
· Restores speaking ability. Missing tooth generally hamper speech
· Maintains your facial shape
After examining your problem, your dentist will first prepare the abutment teeth under local anesthesia and prepare space for the false tooth. The dentist will also take an impression of the area, which will serve as a model for preparing the dentist bridge, false tooth and the dentist crown which will be fixed during your second visit. Until then your dentist will provide you with a temporary bridge known as a ‘flipper’ to protect your gums and teeth. On your second visit, your dentist will replace the flipper with your new bridge. After adjusting and checking biting discrepancies, your dentist will permanently fix the new bridge into your mouth to replace the missing tooth.
Dental bridge procedure should be carried out with great precision and only an expert dentist will be able to conduct dental bridge procedure more accurately and successfully.
DENTAL BRIDGE SUMMARY
Dental bridgeprocedure is conducted to replace a missing tooth. The most important materials that contribute to the dental bridge procedure are; a dentist bridge, false tooth and dentist crown. Dental bridge procedures are completed within two sessions.